Less Government, More Freedom.
Friday, May 24th 2013
Write for Us
The Right Post is seeking qualified writers and editors who are passionate about news and opinion journalism. They should have experience in working independently to research timely, informative articles, and blog content. This is a telecommuting writing job.
The Right Post is a conservative (moderate-right) online news and commentary site and we are always looking for qualified writers and editors. While many newspapers are dying, our growth is exploding. If you interested in being part of the next wave of journalism, apply to work with RightPost.com.
- Work independently to research timely, informative articles, and blog content.
- Research, fact check, and develop support for articles.
- Establish relationships with relevant sources.
- Delve into the sources of the content, supplementing the content with quotes from the original writers, images, charts, and other information.
- Write and publish introductions for the content and add links to the original content sources.
- Passionate about news and opinion journalism. Knowledge of the political, opinion and general news industry is a huge plus.
- Proven track record of journalism.
- College degree with a 3.5 minimum GPA. Graduate degree preferred.
- Exceptional writing skills. Attention to detail and quality with excellent grammar, spelling, and document appearance skills.
- Self-disciplined with an ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-starter who works independently and is also a team player.
- Ability and willingness to multitask and manage short-term and long-term deadlines.
- Broadband or other high speed Internet access.
How To Apply:
Please help us to find you, if you are the right candidate, by telling us why you are qualified for and interested in this position. Send your resume and three writing samples pasted into the body of your email (No attachments please) to email@example.com.
Job Type: Contract
Job Status: Part Time
Work Location: Work from home/telecommute
Candidate Location: US Candidates Only
Other Compensation: Min: $15 Max: $50 USD per article, pending acceptance
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive, we are not able to personally respond to all applicants. We do keep applications on file, so there is no need to reapply more than once a year.